Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I Keep Them In A Box Under My Bed.

I brush the dust off my memories as I sit in my floor---a cardboard box to hide all my secrets.  Untie the silk ribbon that holds it all together---twist the delicate strands 'round and 'round my fingers.  Lift the covering and spill them out in front of me---pictures of us, pictures of them, pictures of me, and pictures of you.  I lie down amongst my mementos and sift through each one---

I remember playing in the sun until it hid behind the mountains and counting the stars on those cool and endless, summer nights. I remember listening to the rain play melodies on the window.  Hiking in the dark when the only light was the moon.  I'll never forget watching that one dizzy butterfly spin, up and over, and around in circles, and the sweetness of berries rolling over my tongue. I remember water splashes on my face.  I remember painting pictures on the wall, and laughing at our silly thoughts. I remember lying in bed and talking until dawn, and the sweet memory of becoming lost in one another...

-These thoughts will never escape my mind and bring a certain hope to my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment