Sunday, January 16, 2011

Grass Like Forests.

Lying in the thick lush grass, I closed my eyes and collected the thoughts of my past. I remember feeling the blades weaving up and through my fingers, as other pieces caressed the sides of my face and arms.  Who knew there would be the place where I would finally find some peace.  Looking back, I wish I would have lived more freely, breathed more deeply, and laughed more often--but sometimes we are caught up in the rush of other peoples lives. We have to be able to live for ourselves and no one else---When did we lose track of ourselves?  When did we forget who we truly are?---Honestly, it doesn't matter.  The only thing that matters is finding yourself again.  We are not strangers to ourselves, we only try to be.  Peel back the mask you have created and rid yourself of the baggage you carry---awake to a new world and realize that nothing matters except for the moment at hand.  Lying in the grass, feeling the warm rays bathe me, feeling my heart beat throughout my body, and hearing nothing but the breeze blow past my face---I let go. 

I let go to breathe. For freedom. For my soul. To find myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment