Friday, September 23, 2022

Would You Like To Walk Me Home?

Hey, how's it going?
Would you like to walk me home?
Both my hands are free
And I'm a little cold.
I've been searching for a warmth 
That I don't know where is.
My hearts a soft and lonely thing 
And nobody's home.

I'd like to play you a song,
One we can slow dance to.
Maybe the moon can join?
She could sing us to sleep if we let her.
What are your dreams made of?
Endless roads and glittered nights?
What do you want to do?
Tell me what you want to do.

Remember sitting on that rainy night
And you made me feel the way you do?
Swimming through stars and falling hard
Memory gives warmth to that right now
I told you how I'm feeling
Wrote novels on postcards
And plastered them to the sky.

Hey, how's it going?
Would you like to walk me home?
Both my hands are free
And I'm a little cold.
Nobody is home 
But maybe that's alright.

Oh darling, won't you walk me home?

No comments:

Post a Comment