Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Vulnerable, Bold, Raw.

The story isn't over until there isn't a breath left in our lungs; remember that were not dead yet. 
And remember that our story has yet to be told between the two us.
From us to the world. 

The distance tastes like medicine....and a spoonful of sugar makes it go down...

And I lost my heart way back then, lost my mind, found my soul.
I fell in love way back then, lost my heart and found my soul.

We'll watch the lights out over the water and watch the city glow.
We'll dive right in knowing that we may be empty, and that we may be hollow.
But it won't matter because with one another we are whole. 

It's searching for the comforting thought. 
It's searching for the comforting arms. 
I'ts searching for the warmth in my heart.

It's a final goodbye. 
One last time to know it's over.
One last time until life lets us cross again.

It's knowing that no matter what we do the feelings do not ebb away.
The endless laughter we have shared.
And listening to our sweet breath in time. 
Memories not soon forgotten. 
Moments were seconds 
That felt like hours 
And it was breathtaking.

I miss your soap smelling skin, 
Yet I am reminded that I am just a drop in your ocean and a voice in your crowd, 
And home is your heart and it makes me tremble.  
But you don't know it and never will.

I won't make you anymore tired, I don't think you'll ever reach me.
Or is it that I won't make myself anymore tired knowing that I'll never reach you...

I try to live in a painting...
A painting of brushstrokes and watercolor. 
And hopefully time can paint the best of me while I flip through my memories. 
Trying to chase my own dreams.

This world is. 
Puzzling. 
Questioning.
Amazing.

What an amazing world it is.

The people.
The ideas.
The memories of the past.
And that time takes away the pain eventually.

So I'll leave you with a thank you...
And hope that the paltry simplicity of those two words might convey the depth it should truly project.
And knowing that it is so amazing to explore a person;
Break down the barriers 
To see the real them. 
Vulnerable, 
Bold, 
Raw.

No comments:

Post a Comment