Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Long Ago.

I yearn for him like a lonely child for comforting arms; 
When the moon is at it's highest peak and the stars shimmer against that ebony background...
That is when I miss him most.

I miss him from the depths of my soul.
While lying in a hammock, without his body there;
No sweet fingers to trace my own.
Or cool water to share our sips.
I miss the laughter that filled the air. 
The never ending strolls. 
Endless looks and stories being told. 
I miss the feel of his body; 
The soft yet rough, sun worn skin. 
How his muscles were lines to trace.
I miss those deep brown eyes. 
Deep and endless just like his soul.
I miss his braveness.
Silly questions. 
Delicate lips. 
I miss the touch of his soft hands caressing my body. 
It makes me think back to when his tender lips traced my curves with soft kisses 
And how the sweat dripped off his face as it rolled down his brow.
"You smell like earth and blossoms," he would whisper in my ear.  
Oh how I long to feel his hair brush my cheek or to taste him--- 
To taste the sweetness of his kiss or the salt of his skin... 
To breathe him in like the ocean air.
I can still smell the water on his skin like it was yesterday. 
And that is when my heart swells with emotions...
When I smell that salty sweet ocean scent.

To remember colors and feelings, laughter and joy, and the beautiful memories I'll never forget...
It takes me back to that place but it has been so long ago, I almost can't remember where...

No comments:

Post a Comment