Sunday, November 30, 2014

Watch The Stars Fall Together.

Words said across the miles...
Laughter sent through the air.
This vast ocean lying between something so real
The universe is testing us,
I know that she is.

You are this beautiful song in my head 
That keeps playing on repeat..
When we share our stories
Hours tick by like minutes
And minutes like seconds.

You have your clouds full of rain
And I have my clouds full of snow
One day we will melt this snow into rain
And turn the rain into steam

You make me want to feel again 
You are like water rolling off my skin...
Constant... 
Steady... 
Soft...
Sending chills down my spine
Even across the miles.
I want you to be the breath on the back of my neck in the early morning
I want you to hold me in your arms just one time.

You give this old ghost a home again
You make me feel part of the human race
You are the soft simple sweet smile.

Who says that we can't touch 
Close your eyes 
And kiss the sky. 
I'm kissing it too 
Imagine what it feels like to breathe me in. 
Keep that clear focus 
It will happen. 
Our souls will become one 
Intertwine and mesh together   
You will feel my lips brush softly against yours.
If only for a brief moment

I'll lie awake counting the stars fall from the sky 
While you watch the sun rise in the morning frost
And in those moments we should know 
The universe will bring us near 
To watch the stars fall together hand in hand. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow Katherine, I have been an avid follower of your blog and this post really touched me. I dont know whether this was inspired by anyone in particular but if it was, it sounds like he is a very lucky guy.
    I hope the universe brings you two together one day.
    Keep writing and I will keep reading.
    TJ, uk

    ReplyDelete