Sunday, December 7, 2014

I'll Keep My Cluttered Mind


“If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, then what are we to think of an empty desk?”
-Albert Einstein



I will always take the clutter.
The endless ramblings of my own self's constant chatter bouncing ideas back and forth in my head.

The steady words that link themselves together into a delicate song
The endless poems that scatter themselves 
From my mind to my fingertips
The steady scribbles my hands write out when these verses arise  
Pen to paper sends smiles across my face

The pictures that I paint for myself
Watercolors of life's most precious images...
I want to get them down with simple strokes and beautiful washes.
Brush to canvas sends smiles across my face

My mind is nonstop
I can barely go anywhere without something growing into the lines of a book.
It never quiets...
And that is okay.

Who is to say a cluttered mind is bad?
Who is to say my mind is too much.
I'll take it over the desolation of yours.

I'll take my beautiful chaos and keep it, always.

No comments:

Post a Comment