Sunday, July 13, 2014

Life Is Plentiful

I dreamed under the stars last night..
I enjoyed the laughter of my friends into the early hours of the morning and fell asleep next to them.
Woke to the the sun peaking over the lake that I've never seen before and a cool breeze kissing my face. 
Pink and purple clouds swirled together like colorful drops of water in a crystal blue sky.
I fell back asleep to the sound of crickets singing their sweet lullabies in the early morning air.

My skin is burnt from playing in the sun today.
I have a few more freckles that call my skin home now.
I smell of leftover sweat, fire, and earth.
I jumped off cliffs and swam in emerald green waters.
I drank to much and I laughed to much.
I drove home with the windows down in the rain.

Life
 is 
simple
sweet
and 
plentiful


No comments:

Post a Comment