Thursday, June 6, 2013

Leave A Part Of Your Heart With Me...

Once upon a time, far off in my dreams, 
I watched the city be swallowed up by the oceans deep 
While you and all your thoughts were fast asleep.

I wondered where you were while the seas swelled up, 
Wondered if you were actually dreaming of me or trying to forget about me, 
Like I am you...
But then again that's nothing on which I'll dwell.

From the last thing we spoke to our very first lines
Love is something we couldn't help but do.
We had someone but something turned us to each other.
All we want is to love and be loved.

Were we born to hold each other in our arms?
You are the voice in my head singing loudly.
And true love will find us in the end...
Faith says so.

Do we say goodbye and let it go?
Wanting to learn to love you  like this is never easy 
and I'll always be your girl,
You know this for certain
But it doesn't mean we can be one.
But time will take away our pain, 
Eventually...

Sometimes I wonder if this is the truth...
Should I stay or should I go?

So when we say goodbye to our wishful wants
We will quietly kiss away our dreams of better tomorrows.
As we reluctantly say our farewells in the bitter black night,
Silently and sadly.

Just leave a part of your heart with me 
And I will leave a part of mine with you.
Remember we are the lucky ones and will make the best of our lives.

And I will make you this promise, one day when it is time, I will return.

No comments:

Post a Comment