Tuesday, May 21, 2013

We Are Animals...

We are conversations on mountain sides.
We are the sweet kisses into the late nights.
We are the sound of rain.
We are the sugary smell of springtime.
We are the sweet traces of fingertips.
We are glances across rooms.
We are finding ourselves.
We are everything we've ever wanted, but everything we can't have.

We are animals...
I am the patience and the forgiving.
You are the fierce and never forgetting.

                                                                           We are the Earth.
                                                                           I am the cool grass.
                                                                          You are the warm sunshine.

                                               We are scared...
                                               I am the one lost among my thoughts.
                                               You are the circles that spin them 'round.

             We are chasing fire...
             I am the nervous one.
             You are the comforting arms.



It's not where I am but who I’m with.  It’s being alive and actually living. 

I will point out your flaws and show you mine...
just to remind us of how human we are...and what a beautiful thing that is. 


This is a journey not taken— but an adventure waiting to happen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment